If you are heading to London for a weekend break, as many people do, you will probably find yourself facing the difficult decision over what you should see and do while there. London is a vibrant city with a huge amount to offer in terms of activities and attractions, so trying to cram everything into one weekend can be a challenge to say the least.
While you may not be able to see absolutely everything you want to when you head to the English capital, what you can do is ensure you get to experience some of the things that London has become best known for. This way you can look forward to a diverse array of entertainment over the two days while also making the most of your time here.
Popular ways to spend your time
There are many different things you can see and do in London and there are many discount London Tour companies to help you. The places you visit will be largely down to the amount of spare time you have coupled with your interests. Some of the popular ways in which you can spend your time while you are in London include:
- See the sights: If there is one thing that London has plenty of, it’s world famous sights. You should make sure you take time out to see the many wonderful places of interest around the city, from Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey through to the Tower of London and London Bridge.
- Take in a show: London is home to Leicester Square, which is where you will find the many West End theatres that host a variety of exciting performances. This is England’s version of Broadway in New York and is definitely a place to visit so that you can take in a show and perhaps even enjoy dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants.
- Explore the history: This is a city that is steeped in rich history, and there are many ways in which you can explore this. You will find a plethora of museums to visit across the city, each of which provides a fascinating historical journey. In addition, you can visit attractions such as the London Dungeon or the Tower of London to find out more about London’s darker past.
- Enjoy the arts: If you are into culture and the arts, you will find plenty of great galleries to visit during your time in London. This includes the Serpentine Gallery and the Tate Modern amongst others. You can take in artwork from emerging and talented modern artists as well as from world famous artists such as Van Gogh and Renoir.
- Shop till you drop: Another thing that London is very famous for is its huge array of shopping facilities. From the High Street names on Oxford Street and the designer names on Bond Street through to the variety of markets held across the city, there is something to suit the tastes and needs of every shopper.
These are just some of the popular ways in which you can spend your time when you head to London for the weekend.